Community Soccer Programme 2013
The Community Soccer Programme had a very busy and exciting year with a range of programmes delivered including a number of new programmmes and high profile events:
- Over 50 coaching sessions have been carried out in targeted schools. 15 schools have taken part in this with more to follow next year. This does not take into account for the Sports Development Coaches. See LSP Report for details
· Leitrim Primary School 5 a side competition with over 5th and 6th class saw 145 boys and 115 girls from 16 different schools participating.
· Intercultural Afterschool Coaching Programme – a 6 week programme targeting children to get involved in the sport with 81 girls and 56 boys taking part in the Marist NS and St. Mary's boy NS Carrick
- Afterschool Programmes have 4-6 week programmes ran in the following schools and community groups for 6 weeks at various times during the year. Gaelscoile Manor, Four Masters NS Kinlough, Breffini Family Resource Centre. Mohill Afterschool care group,
Giovanni Trapattoni named his Irish Squad for Games vs England, Faroe Island and Spain in Carrick-on-Shannon as part of Carrick 400 celebrations
Goal for Peace project
- 24 paired sessions were carried out with the 8 Leitrim based schools over the year along with group events held with Northern schools. The club development strand saw 1 cross-border games take part in Leitrim and Fermanagh clubs.
Leitrim Master’s League
For the 1st time an Adults Mens League ran in Drumshanbo Astro for 9 weeks targeting men who have dropped out of sport. 8 teams taking part with 87 males registered for the league.
· For the 1st time an Adults Ladies League ran in Manor Astro for 9 weeks with 7 teams taking part with over 80 females registered for the league.
· Soccer Sisters Programme – 3 day camps ran over Easter programme introducing soccer fundamentals to girls from ages 7 to 12 through fun activities and games with 50 girls taking part. Plus national schools events were organised with girls only sections.
Soccer Sisters 8 week training programme in Manorhamilton saw 18 girls take part over the course of training
· Coach Education Courses
24 coaches took part in introductory coach education course Kick Start 1 in October in Drumshanbo
18took park in 4v4 Workshop in November
16 participated in the Kick Start 2
- 6 Club coaching sessions would have taken place with clubs.
Summer Soccer Schools
· Summer Soccer Schools for children aged of 6 to 14 in Abbey Rovers, Carrick Town, Manor Rangers and for the first time in Kinlough – 4 Camps with 299 children participating and 11 coaches employed through this programme during the summer.
Football for All
6 Sessions for people with disabilities ran this year for groups with Leitrim and Sligo to come together to take part in football. Short-term coaching programmes have in Childhood Days Centre in Drumshanbo with 6 children with Autism involved over duration.
FFA for All sessions ran in Drumshanbo for 5 weeks with people from National Learning Network in Carrick and Manor plus RehabCare Ballinamore taking part. 18 people took part over the course of the programme.
15 children took part in Goal to Enjoy Halloween Event for children with disabilities in Drumshanbo and Manorhamilton