NOTICE OF ELECTION
Local Authority - Leitrim County Council
An election of members for each of the local electoral areas of the above-mentioned local authority is about to be held. There are three local electoral areas as follows:
- Ballinamore Local Electoral Area (6 seats)
- Carrick-on-Shannon Local Electoral Area (6 seats)
- Manorhamilton Local Electoral Area (6 seats)
Nomination papers may be obtained from the address below during the usual office hours.
A person may nominate himself/herself as a candidate or may, with his/her consent, be nominated by a proposer who is registered as a local government elector in the local electoral area of the local authority for which he/she proposes to nominate the candidate.
A nomination paper from a candidate of a registered political party must have a Certificate of Political Affiliation attached which must be produced to me with his/her completed nomination paper. If no certificate is attached, the candidate must, before the latest time for receiving nominations, either-
· Secure 15 assents to the nomination by way of statutory declarations by local government electors registered in the relevant local electoral area (forms available from me or the registration authority), or
· Make a deposit of €100 (deposit may also be made on the candidate’s behalf).
The latest time for receiving nominations is 12 noon on the 4th day of May, 2019.
Completed nomination papers may be delivered to me in person by the candidate or his/her proposer at any time when I am at my office, from 10am on the 27th day of April, 2019 until 12 noon on the last day for receiving nominations. I am required by law to attend to receive nominations between 10am and 12 noon and between 2pm and 5pm on the 3rd day of May, 2019 and between 10am and 12 noon on the 4th day of May, 2019.
If the election is contested, a poll will be taken on the 24th day of May, 2019 between the hours of 7.00 a.m and 10.00 p.m.
Mary Quinn, Returning Officer,
Leitrim County Council,
Áras an Chontae, Carrick on Shannon Date: 17th April 2019
Further information is available on the Elections and Voting 2019 page.