Community Development, Leitrim Co Council, Áras an Chontae, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim
(071) 9650400 Ext. 540 / 552 email@example.com
You will find details of any schemes that arise throughout the year, that are processed by the Community Development section of Leitrim Co Council on tabs to the left / below
Funding schemes available via Economic Development department of Leitrim Co Council may also be of interest to you: http://www.leitrimcoco.ie/eng/Business/Funding-Schemes/
Applications are now closed for the Community Activities Fund under the Community Enhancement Programme
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development. Please see the following link for a press release on the launch of the CAF at national level by the Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, and the Minister of State with responsibility for Community Development and Charities, Joe O’Brien TD: https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/c53a9-ministers-humphreys-and-obrien-announce-9-million-community-activities-fund/
Groups can apply for funding to help with their running costs such as utility or insurance bills, as well as with improvements to their facilities. They will also be able to use the funding to carry out necessary repairs and to purchase equipment such as tables and chairs, tools and signage, laptops and printers, canopies and training equipment. The scheme offers small grants up to a maximum of €1,000 and a maximum of €12,000 for larger scale capital projects.
- Closing dates for receipt of completed applications is as follows:
- Grants for €1,000 or less - Friday 11th February 2022
- Grants exceeding €1,000 - Friday 25th February 2022
- Closing date for claims once works are completed will be Tuesday 31st August, 2022
- Applications will assessed by a committee nominated by the LCDC with regard to supporting communities that are impacted by disadvantage as identified in the LECP. An equity/fairness approach will be taken by the LCDC to ensure an even distribution of funding throughout the county.
- Applications will be assessed in line with guidelines issued by the DRCD (Link Below)
- Community groups/organisations/clubs can submit applications for both non-pay running/operating costs and capital costs
Community Activities Fund - Application Form
Community Activities Fund - Guidelines