A public meeting of the Leitrim Joint Policing Committee will take place on Tuesday 28th February, 2017 at 8 p.m. in The Mayflower, Drumshanbo, Co. Leitrim. All members of the public are invited to attend this public meeting.The theme of the public meeting will be ‘Community Safety in County Leitrim’.Members of the public have the right to attend the meeting, to have their views heard and to put questions to the Committee. All questions concerning the policing of County Leitrim should be submitted in writing to: Ms. Sinead Flynn, Administrative Officer, Corporate Services, Aras-an-Chontae, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co. Leitrim or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.orgQuestions should be received no later than Tuesday 21st February, 2017 and must include the name and address of the person submitting the question, which will be kept confidential. Questions will be accepted from any person affected by the policing of the area. Those who require alternative arrangements for the submission of questions may contact the Administrative Officer, Corporate Services on 071/9620005.
Please note that the Joint Policing Committee may not consider matters relating to a specific criminal investigation or prosecution or matters relating to the security of the State. In addition, the Joint Policing Committee will not consider a matter if:
· It would endanger the security of one or more individuals.
· It relates to an individual.
· It involves information received by the Garda Síochána or the local authority in confidence.
· It would, or would be likely to, prejudice the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
· Individuals shall not be discussed or named. An individual’s right to privacy and the provision of the European Convention on Human Rights Act, 2003 must be adhered to.
· It is deemed prejudicial to a Garda operational matter.
· The public is advised that in some circumstances, for legal reasons, it may not be possible to provide information requested